Article III: Mission Statement
- To raise awareness at the University of Alberta of the contributions and experiences of postdoctoral fellows.
- To ensure a rewarding postdoctoral experience at the University of Alberta while helping postdoctoral fellows maximize their research output.
This two-part mission will be implemented through the following specific goals: advocating for PDF interests, harnessing university professional resources, and enabling a vibrant social community.
Section 1: Advocacy:
Provide a representative voice within University forums for issues of particular relevance to PDFs by
- Supporting improved access to university facilities, benefits, and resources.
- Ensuring that the practices of campus facilities recognize and accommodate PDFs.
- Identifying and bringing forward concerns of PDFs to the appropriate University bodies.
Section 2: Professional Resources:
Foster an effective training environment that meets the specific career related needs of the postdoctoral community by
- Helping to disseminate relevant information about scholarly training, professional development, and funding opportunities.
- Promoting the arrangement of training courses to meet the career-related needs of PDFs.
- Encouraging fruitful intellectual exchange within the postdoctoral community and with other members of the University.
Section 3: Social Community
Promote collaboration and establish active social and professional interaction amongst the UofA postdoctoral community by
- Welcoming incoming PDFs by providing helpful information and social contacts.
- Working in close partnership with other University Associations and Councils to co-sponsor events.
- Organizing social events, including picnics, trips, hikes, pizza parties, etc.